Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.

I used red and blue water to create purple water to demonstrate the functionality of the hardware and software.  Trust me, it has a wicked kick back.

Dave Dahl Jul 31, 2009 @ 12:11 PM

Nice stuff Clint!
When's the public launch!?

asdf Aug 1, 2009 @ 5:52 PM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
You should make that last bit of tubing a little wider so that the liquid doesn't get stuck in there and end up being poured into the next drink

Clint Aug 2, 2009 @ 1:20 AM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
@asdf yeah, a friend who is a chemist recommended doing a blast of CO2 and also do an angled cut on the tip.

If I have a wider tube at the end, I get a bit too much splashing.

freaky Aug 3, 2009 @ 5:30 PM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
Why does he look at me when it's pouring?

Graham Aug 3, 2009 @ 6:05 PM

He likes you

Moh Aug 4, 2009 @ 5:54 AM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
Great work you really are a genius can I have schematics for this project.I am thinking of using cream with it .Also I found this project of 4 MIT students Automated Bartender

Waiting for you next great project

Clint Aug 5, 2009 @ 1:24 AM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
@MOH, I think their solution does have some advantages over mine by using the pumps. But their system's cost per liquid far exceeds mine as they use pumps and I use a pure CO2 system. Also another reason why I didn't go with the pumps is I wasn't sure how much damage having alcohol in them would do. I wanted a very dependable and swapable system. Alcohol can do some damage to parts like pumps so I wanted them removed from my system. The idea of replacing 50 to 100 dollar parts every few months doesn't seem like a fun task.

PS University of Massachusetts isn't MIT. :-)

Brian Hughes Aug 7, 2009 @ 1:56 PM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
Very nice Clint! Your system is really coming along well.

konkol Aug 10, 2009 @ 3:56 PM

# re: Drunktender Lives! a brief live demo.
On the login screen I wouldnt even say "log in" I would just have an animation of someone touching an rfid card to the reader, I would strip out the "welcome <user name>" instead of a "signout" button I would just have a "done" button.

basma ghussein Sep 17, 2009 @ 4:21 AM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
& I thought I'm lonely!!!!!!Besides r u realy BETTER THAN EVERYONE MR.CLINT???????

Chris G Sep 23, 2009 @ 1:22 PM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
Excellent project, I'm well impressed.
Soon you will be seeing these everywhere, with touchscreen systems and other stuff. Can't wait! Keep up the good work.

irlolcopter Jan 11, 2010 @ 8:50 AM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
Im quite disappointed that you haven't come further with this project.
hopefully you'll find time to work on it.

luckily there are some other simmilar projects to give me hope

Clint Jan 24, 2010 @ 6:43 PM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
@irlolcopter the project is in a fully functional form and has been demoed at a few conferences already. Full blown instructions will be posted in a few months.

Michael Sep 5, 2013 @ 5:33 AM

# re: Drunktender lives! A brief live demo.
This looks like a really useful invention. It should be patented in some way. :)